We have become such a divided nation it seems people cannot agree upon anything. If there is one thing most of us can agree upon it is that 2020 was one of the worst years of modern times. For many, if not for most, 2020 was the worst year of their entire life.
We went from a robust, booming economy with near full employment, record breaking achievements and historically high stock markets, the best economy in history and many other boom-era victories to bust, seemingly overnight.
During the Trump presidency, the United States of America was not involved in any new war anywhere around the globe. But we were involved in a big war at home. What started as a cold war at home turned red hot and it is still burning with such division many believe we will eventually go to some kind of homeland war in America. That means a civil war, a revolution, a race war, or continued chaos and unrest that threatens our peace and security.
Portland, Seattle, and many other cities continue with widespread violence despite political changes that were drastic and in direct opposition of the previous administration. It does not seem to matter which political party is in office. So how can we ever have peace if everyone is a target to some anonymous enemy?
We have crossed the threshold of direct communism by the social media tyrants that choose to be our slave masters with their censorship and anti-American banning of the leaders of our nation and their supporters. Section 230 protects these elite billionaire tyrants with immunity from prosecution, or lawsuits, a privilege an unwise Congress gave them, but it does not and cannot exempt them from sniper bullets that could rain down on them like fire and brimstone, by a single vigilante justice seeker.
That brings me to the next phase of this post, the agenda for the New Year 2021. I do not expect 2021 to be much better than 2020 for most Americans or the citizens of the world. We are in peril and we will be vulnerable to failings the kind we have not seen in our lifetime.
But for me, I am moving forward. I have been hindered by multiple interferences with my writing and publishing and I vow to take control of those obstructions while I push to fulfill my aspirations.
Some never learn their lesson. No matter how many breaks you offer someone to change their stubbornness and refusal means there is only one alternative left. Lawsuits litigated by professional trial lawyers.
When something is true you have the lawful right to public your experience about it. I intend to do just that while litigating stubborn adversaries that insist on being evil and demonic.
* * *
I have always been an idea person. I have always been a problem solver. They are teachable arts and sciences. Not everyone would agree on my solutions for any given problem, but that is what discussion, debate, forum, and community is all about—an exchange of ideas, opinions, and thoughts. That is what makes the world a better place in which to live, my motto. As the old saying goes, two minds are better than one.
While I pride myself on the flow and abundance of ideas that come to mind, I could not personally bring them to reality all by myself, not in a lifetime. But I may be able to spark those embers of thoughts and ideas in the minds of others who can carry the torch of burning vision to a reality of substance. Many realities of today, especially in the space age, artificial intelligence, robots and other high-tech stuff were sparked in the minds of their creators first by writers in such genres as science-fiction, fantasy and other written works, including pulp fiction.
Writing is the perfect venue to release those ideas to those that can bring the invention to the next level. Before a man stepped foot on the moon or before there was a spaceship to take him there, there was a writer who imagined it and wrote about it. Then others carried the torch of their visions to the next level and made it reality.
Modern life is full of such ideas that matured from the minds of writers. The same is true for movements of all kinds, things that changed society, people writing and speaking out about things that concerned them, issues they visioned change for.
There is not enough space in this one post to detail all of my intentions. I would bore most readers. I still have previous posts to update and complete and if there is one thing common with the multiple neurological problems I suffer from, TBI, PTSD, CFS, and others, it is incomplete tasks or projects. Add procrastination to that and you have a personal disaster. That needs to be fixed. Focus and self-discipline can fix it.
This year, 2021, despite respite that is minimal or nonexistent, from multiple distractions and interference, I will use forced concentration and determined self-discipline, on my priorities (writing and publishing and domestic well-being) I will advance many long-overdue editions of both fiction and nonfiction works, short and long forms, I have worked on for years, some even decades. Many just need a final polish. A little tweaking. Fine tuning. Tighten a couple of loose nuts on the bolts. Then they are set to go. Sometimes it is good to let your work just sit and like a good food simmering, a new look at it sometime later brings editing and proof reading that is easier to spot mistakes or misgiving you missed the first few times around.
This is NOT a New Year’s resolution, but a contract with myself to get it done and now, I WILL:
- I will overhaul and do makeovers of my websites and archive their existing form to this media while presenting a cleaner, clearer, neater, and less cluttered appearance to promote my books. It will be a slow process, but an important one.
- I will pause my many humanitarian efforts and take care of myself and my feline rescue service animal, Freedom, first while in peril to medical and financial hardship. We will reinstate activities when income and health warrant us doing so. If we are able to do so.
- I will begin renewed publishing of short-read fiction and nonfiction, collections of short stories, articles and essays and all forms and length of writing, including full-length novels and nonfiction books.
- I will focus on what I do best, pulp and noir writing, fast & furious fiction while streamlining like nonfiction in inexpensive (pulp) short-reads and then bundled and printed editions. Both pen names and my real name (orthonym) will be continuing to be used. Published since the late 70s, (pen names) pulp fiction fast & furious writing has been the most profitable for me and will continue to be my focus under my orthonym or real name. Volume, quantity over quality will be the primary focus of pulp-style eBooks selling at 99 cents a copy and bundles from $2.99 to $9.99 for mega super packs and print editions reasonably priced.
- I will be adding two or three new blogs and/or websites while consolidating more than 200 into just these few. Speaking Out! will be one such new publication.
- I will create columns within this medium with the same name as the titles of blogs and eBook they are associated with. Examples will be The CONSULTANT, Poor Boy’s Etc. Some of these will be syndicated in other publications.
- I will merge Social Media (SM), Blogging and eBooks with follow-up Print editions once enough material is accumulated to foster print books.
- I will publish teaching material in all phases of writing, fiction, and nonfiction, how-to and DIY, and all about writing and publishing. Set your dinner table because it is going to be exciting. Pour your favorite drink.
- I will eventually ban any anonymous followers or persons without verified and vetted profile photos of themselves. The reason? The internet has become a place of pure hostility and people hiding behind anonymity to spy on, stalk, and to do harm to others. I will not tolerate that. I project that the policy I will enforce is that they must be known to me, and/or my associates if not the entire community. Anonymity began as a great thing on the Internet to give people an opportunity to speak out and to whistle blow without persecution. But it has led to more abuse than it has not. Today, our very freedom is at stake.
- I will use the experiences of life to do what I have always done, write stories based on experience, observation, and imagination as well as ideas and creations adapted from research. Some of the fiction titles coming soon with short-read and full-length novels in standalone and series are Snipers Are Cheaper Than Lawyers, The Homeland Wars, The Red Berets, The Yellow Jackets, Desert Rats, Gutter Rat, Knights Templar Resurrection, Ian Morgan’s Science-Fiction Thrillers, Inner-City Thrillers, Bedbugs (Horror), Slumlords, Slumlord 89101, The Maverick, and many other inner-city thrillers, genre and subcategory thrillers, horror, pulp and noir fiction, westerns, science-fiction, fantasy, and items listed in the archives of Sunrise Mountain Publishing on our same-named Blog.
- I will publish multiple nonfiction titles of standalone and series such as: From the Heart, Stories from the Heart, Commonsense, We the People, Open Letters, We the American People, Open Forum, Shoptalk, My Life at the Maverick, My Story, Slumlord, Slumlord 89101, Slumlord and the Inner City, Vegas, Las Vegas, Vegas Valley, Predators in Medical, Predators, The Predators Series, Humanitarian Series, the Quick & Easy Guides to Series, The Quick & Easy Way to Understand Series, the Quick & Simple series, Poor Boy’s Consumer Economic Series, Poor Boy’s Kitchen, Poor Boy’s (spinoffs), this includes consumer product reviews and more. The Clifford G. Harrison DIY Freedom & Independence Library; Writing courses, publishing and marketing, management and self-improvement, self-discipline, time-management, career guides, and general lifestyle subjects, Do it Yourself publications and how-to guides, survival, libraries, and multiple other publications. Plus, many other titles and series.
That is an ambitious list, especially for someone suffering the illnesses and the interference I experience. But I have the will, the means, and the visions to see these things through, even while enduring major litigation, and I vow to carry them through to completion. It is all an experience, an observation, and a tad bit of imagination as the great master of writing, William Faulkner so keenly mentioned. I will write from all three elements of the story that the infamous writer, Mister Faulkner so accurately outlined. As long as it is true, no one can stop me. Get ready! It’s coming! Some are just waiting for me to die, but I am determined to live…
2021 may be as bad as 2020 or even worst, but I am determined to defeat all adversaries that stand in my way of progress and freedom and independence. I have spent a lifetime liberating others, and I write about that, now I will liberate myself from in the injustice that surrounds me. No excuses. No exceptions. Period!
Thanks for joining me.
Clifford G. Harrison
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
26 January 2021 7:35 PM PST